This sponsored story is brought to you by Salt Creek Grille – Princeton.
Wow your guests this Easter with Salt Creek Grille – Princeton’s Executive Chef Wally Weaver’s recipe for a scrumptious side dish. And never fear: if you prefer to leave the cooking to the masters of mesquite, Salt Creek Grille – Princeton is offering a holiday menu from noon to 6 p.m. on Easter Sunday, April 21.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 3 quarts whole milk
- ½ bunch thyme
- ½ bunch rosemary
- 6 cloves plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- ½ pound butter
- ½ pound mascarpone
- 1 quart instant polenta
- 2 cups Parmigiano-Reggiano plus ½ cup for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 oz olive oil
- 5 Italian sausage links, casing removed and meat broken up
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, softened if necessary, diced small
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
To Make the Polenta
- In a large pot, add the milk, thyme, rosemary, and 6 cloves of minced garlic.
- Bring the milk to a boil, turn off and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain into another large pot and return to the stove.
- Add the butter and the mascarpone, whisk until melted and return to a simmer.
- Slowly whisk in the polenta in a slow, steady stream.
- Stir in the Parmigiano-Reggiano and simmer for about 12 minutes or until mixture is smooth and creamy, stirring almost constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- After the polenta is completed and you are keeping it warm, begin the sausage and sun-dried tomato saute.
- Heat 1 oz of olive oil in a medium saute pan and add the sausage.
- As the sausage begins to cook, move it around the pan to make small pieces, or “crumbs.”
- After 2 minutes, as the sausage browns, add the teaspoon of minced garlic and continue cooking until the garlic becomes bronze in color.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Remove from the heat and taste for seasoning.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
Spoon the polenta into the desired serving dish and then spoon the sausage and sun-dried tomatoes on top. Garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Salt Creek Grille – Princeton
1 Rockingham Row