This sponsored article is brought to you by Salt Creek Grille – Princeton.
If you’re looking to impress your sweetheart with your baking skills this Valentine’s Day, Salt Creek Grille – Princeton’s Executive Chef Wally Weaver is sharing a decadent chocolate lava cake recipe that’s sure to wow! If you’d rather enjoy a night out, Salt Creek Grille is offering a Valentine’s Day couples menu for $99 per couple with the choice of an appetizer to share, soup or salad for each, entree for each and a dessert to share. Call 609-419-4200 for reservations.
Recipe: Chocolate Lava Cake
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 to 12 minutes
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate callets or chips
- 1 stick butter, cubed, plus half stick for greasing
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 whole, large eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour, plus 3 tbsp for dusting
- 5 egg yolks
- Whisk together the chocolate and the butter in a double boiler.
- Whisk together the sugar and the eggs on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- When the chocolate and butter have melted together, whisk the chocolate mixture into the eggs in a slow steady stream until combined.
- Stir in the flour until well incorporated.
- Portion into 4 oz cups that have been lined with butter and flour.
- Place in a 375°F oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
The finished product should jiggle and feel soft. DO NOT poke it with a skewer or toothpick to check to see if it is done! When it is ready, invert the chocolate cake on a plate. Add whatever accompaniments you like (I like Tahitian vanilla ice cream, caramelized bananas, and strawberry coulis) and serve!
Salt Creek Grille – Princeton
1 Rockingham Row