Home > Holidays > Celebrate National Cheeseburger Day with These Awesome Specials

Celebrate National Cheeseburger Day with These Awesome Specials


Applebees cheeseburger

In a NationalToday.com survey of 2000 Americans, 82% of respondents express their love for cheeseburgers. (We’re assuming the remaining 18% are lactose intolerant—what else could it be?)

7 in 10 Americans say American cheese is their favorite cheeseburger topping.

Did growing up on McDonalds have anything to do with this? Something to ponder.

Yellow Cheese, Please

America’s top two favorite cheeses are American (66%) and cheddar (65%).

Those in the West Say Cheddar is Best

The Western U.S. ranked #1 for preferring burgers with cheddar (67%), with the South coming in at a close second (63%).

AMERICA’S TOP 10 FAVORITE CHEESES FOR CHEESEBURGERS
(Percentages do not add up to 100 because respondents had the option to make more than one selection.)

1.  American: 66%
2.  Cheddar: 65%
3.  Swiss: 43%
4.  Pepper Jack: 40%
5.  Provolone: 31%
6.  Colby: 27%
7.  Muenster: 16%
8.  Gouda: 16%
9.  Havarti: 11%
10. Gruyere: 9%

Click here to learn more about National Cheeseburger Day! 

If we’ve got you dreaming about a hot, juicy cheeseburger right now, here are a few deals to help make your dreams come true.

Applebee’s offers its full lineup of juicy and flavorful burgers and classic fries for $6.99 all day.

Each of Applebee’s burgers are made to order with a 100% fresh, never frozen beef patties, which is probably why Applebee’s restaurants nationwide have sold more than 29 million burgers in the last year.  We’d love to get the word out that fan-favorites such as the quesadilla burger made with Mexi-ranch sauce, bacon, pico de gallo and shredded lettuce, the whisky bacon burger with fried caramelized onions and topped with Fireball whisky-infused steak sauce, or the Caprese mozzarella burger with balsamic aioli, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil are all on the menu.

Salt Creek Grille – Princeton and Rumson both have unlimited garlic fries with cheeseburgers.

Celebrate America’s favorite sandwich on National Cheeseburger Day, Monday, September 18, with unlimited garlic fries at Salt Creek Grille! The restaurant’s classic cheeseburger, made from fresh-ground chuck grilled to order, is topped with delicious cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and served on a King’s Hawaiian sweet bun. You can also choose the Salt Creek Grille’s new gourmet Creek burger from the newly released revamped menu. The Creek burger is made with Salt Creek Grille’s own premium blend of short rib, chuck and brisket, ground daily on site. It’s served with its very own special condiments including aged white cheddar cheese, a dab of house-made, slow-simmered bacon-tomato-onion jam and topped with a zesty house-made spread using mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, pickles, lemon zest and Tabasco, atop a King’s Hawaiian roll.

The Shannon Rose Irish Pub invites guests to take a bite out of its brand-new burger—the House-Made Everything Burger—on National Cheeseburger Day.

Aptly named for its lineup of house-made ingredients sandwiched between a brioche bun, the House-Made Everything Burger features fresh ground beef grilled layered over a base of house-made pickles, topped with crispy mozzarella tempura, candied black pepper bacon, house-made potato chips and ranch dressing for $12, and includes a side of house-made chips.

The burger was created by the pub’s culinary team in celebration of the day, and will be available at its Clifton and Ramsey locations on Monday, September 18. The Shannon Rose Irish Pub offers a full roster of fresh, juicy burgers on its regular menu, as well, including the Irish-inspired Dublin and the to-die-for Murder Burger.