Looking for a spot along the NJ coast where you can dock and dine? Look no further! Check out our list of suggestions. And if you have another recommendation, please add it to the comments!
- Wonder Bar: Located just two blocks from the boardwalk on Albany Avenue, Wonder Bar offers its Sunset Room, which has a view of the back bay. Open until 5 a.m., Wonder Bar is a popular late-night spot that also offers a side Tiki Bar for outdoor drinks. 300 feet of floating dock space. Wonder Bar, 3701 Sunset Ave, Atlantic City, 609-344-8888.
- B2 Bistro + Bar – Boaters looking to dock and dine are in great hands at B2 Bistro’s Bayville location. Boat slips and moorings are available for guests along with a water taxi to take you to and from the doc. Enjoy outdoor dining on their huge deck and even a dip in B2 Bistro‘s inground pool. Take in the gorgeous views of Barengat Bay while sipping on a cocktail and savoring a fantastic lunch or dinner. Sushi, wood-fired pizza, great burgers and seafood are among a plethora of delicious offerings. Live bands are typically playing every weekend too.
- Klein’s: Providing a wide selection of fresh food, Klein’s is a great waterfront spot for any craving. The Grill Room is perfect for indoor or outside dining, while the Waterside Café offers fresh seafood. Klein’s also has its own fish market and sushi bar in the restaurant. Klein’s, 708 River Road, Belmar, 732-681-1177.
- Union Landing Restaurant: Another great stop at the Jersey Shore is the Union Landing Restaurant. With plenty of docking spaces available, the restaurant features a fresh raw bar and patio area with a scenic view of the marina and occasional live music. Union Landing Restaurant, 622 Green Ave, Brielle, 732-528-6665.
- The Lobster House: Overlooking Cape May Harbor, the Lobster House sits waterfront next to a commercial fishing fleet, which provides most of the restaurant’s seafood. The Lobster House offers a raw bar with indoor and outdoor dining, along with the Schooner American—an outdoor cocktail lounge with a full bar and luncheon menu. The Lobster House, 906 Schellengers Landing Rd, Cape May, 609-884-8296.
- Oyster Creek Inn: Just 3.5 miles from historic Smithville, The Oyster Creek Inn is a great place to dock and dine. This family owned seafood restaurant in Leeds Point features a crab room and sushi bar, along with local music. The Inn is a relaxing hangout for waterfront dining. Oyster Creek Inn, 41 Oyster Creek Road, Leeds Point 609-652-8565.
- The Windlass: Located at Nolan’s Point in Lake Hopatcong, the Windlass is a great place to dock and dine on Italian fare with a beautiful view of the largest freshwater body in NJ. The eatery is open Wednesday to Sunday in the summer and features an Italian patio where guests can eat outside. The docks are staffed to assist anyone arriving to the restaurant via watercraft. The Windlass, 45 Nolan Point Park Rd, Jefferson Township, Lake Hopatcong, 973-663-3190.
- The Dutchman’s Brauhaus: This German restaurant, located on Bonnet Island in Manahawkin, has something for everyone. Aside from its regular dining room, The Brauhaus features The Upstairs, an entertainment room with live music, a Bavarian Tavern with draft German beers, and The Quelle, an outside bar. The Dutchman’s Brauhaus, 2500 E Bay Ave, Manahawkin, 609-494-6910.
Point Pleasant Beach
- Jack Baker’s Wharfside Patio Bar & Restaurant: Here are two local favorites where you can dine on the water and watch boats go by. The Patio Bar is a great outdoor spot, while the Wharfside Restaurant offers a more formal dining atmosphere. On weekends the Patio Bar also has live music. Jack Baker’s Wharfside, 101 Channel Drive, Point Pleasant Beach, 732-892-9100.
- Baia: The restaurant features three waterfront decks for any type of dining experience. The Upper Deck is perfect for larger gatherings and includes Baia’s full indoor menu. The Lower Deck provides a casual spot with lighter summer fare, and the new and improved Side Deck is covered and perfect for the weekly entertainment offered by Baia. Eight boat slips. Baia, 998 Bay Avenue, Somers Point, 609-926-9611.
- Water Star Grille at The Reeds at Shelter Haven: The upscale-yet-casual restaurant provides guests with a beautiful view and stylish surroundings. The Grille also offers a late-night menu from 10 p.m. to midnight and Sunday brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Water Star Grille, 9601 Third Avenue Stone Harbor, 609-368-0100.