New Jersey Food Events
Current listings of New Jersey food, wine and craft beer events, festivals and competitions.
Hosting a New Jersey Food Event? Use the Add an Event Link to submit your event details for review.
- This event has passed.
Jersey Shore Cookbook Launch & Food Party!
April 12, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm$45.00
Cocktails, Food & Book Launch Party!
Meet and Greet Local Food Blogger and Author as we celebrate the publication of her new book, The Jersey Shore Cookbook:Fresh Summer Flavors from the Boardwalk and Beyond.
Booktowne and Fratello’s Restaurant are hosting a unique experience for local food aficionados and book lovers. Meet JerseyBites.com founder, editor and now author, Deborah Smith, as she talks about the behind-the-scenes of why she wrote a cookbook featuring iconic restaurants and dishes that our Jersey Shore Towns have to offer. From breakfast to dessert, get the recipes from our finest local chefs and restaurants along with gorgeous photos of the dishes and our beloved Jersey Shore.
Join us Tuesday, April 12th at 6:30pm at Fratello’s in Sea Girt, NJ. A ticket gives you admission to a private party and author discussion, a tasting menu, hand selected by Fratello’s including their Signature dish, Oyster Gratinee, a drink ticket and copy of the cookbook! $45/per person. Tickets are on sale now below!
In The Jersey Shore Cookbook readers can find recipes from some of their favorite restaurants, including:
• Breakfasts: The Brunchwich: Pork Roll from Manasquan’s Committed Pig and Grilled Jersey Peaches with Yogurt and Granola from Normandy Beach’s Lasolas Market.
• Starters and Sides: Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes with Chili Remoulade and Jersey Tomatoes from South Seaside Park’s Chef Mike’s ABG and Oyster Gratinée from Sea Girt’s Fratello’s Restaurant.
• Soups and Salads: Creamy Crab Soup from Sea Isle City’s Marie’s Seafood and Charred Jersey Tomato Salad with Sweet Corn, Asparagus Tips, and Herb Yogurt from Atlantic City’s Iron Room Restaurant.
• Main Courses: Spaghetti and Crabs from Point Pleasant Beach’s Joe Leone’s Italian Specialties and New Jersey Skate with Summer Vegetable Ratatouille from Cape May’s Blue Pig Tavern.
• Desserts: Peach Panna Cotta from Asbury Park’s Porta and Key Lime Pie from Highlands’s Inlet Café.
About the Author: Deborah Smith is the founder of New Jersey’s most popular independently owned food blog, JerseyBites.com. Launched in 2007, the site is now home to more than 30 food writers and welcomes more than 50,000 visitors every month. Jersey Bites engages with over 30,000 fans daily on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Deborah served as a founding member of Jersey Shore Restaurant Week and most recently as a judge for Jersey Shore Restaurant Week’s Taste Awards. Over the years, she has served as a judge for numerous food competitions and been invited to speak about food in New Jersey both live and on the air. Deborah was born and raised on the Jersey Shore. She lives in Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey