Whether you’re prepping to watch the Kentucky Derby and feeling a little over the mint julep, or gearing up for Cinco de Mayo, try this fine combo, courtesy of Pharmacie Bar + Kitchen mixologist Donny Nelson and executive chef Kenny West.
- 1 oz Misunderstood ginger whiskey
- 1 oz Flor de Caña 4 yr. Añejo rum
- .5 oz Brinley Gold Shipwreck spiced rum
- .5 oz demerara syrup
1. Shake all ingredients and strain into coupe.
2. Grate cinnamon and toss stick into coupe.
Chili Lime Peanuts
- 1 quart peanuts, roasted and shelled
- ½ cup sambal (chili paste)
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt, to taste
- Zest of 2 limes
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In bowl, mix all ingredients (except zest) together making sure to combine well.
- Place mixed peanuts on baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- After carefully moving nuts around to cook evenly, place back in oven for another 8 minutes.
- Peanuts should be slightly darker in color and crunchy.
- Let cool, once cool add zest, mix and enjoy!
Pharmacie Bar + Kitchen
398 Bloomfield Avenue
Montclair, NJ 07042
Pharmacie Bar + Kitchen is located adjacent to the Wellmont Theater.