Hundreds of hungry locals gathered for the North Essex Chamber of Commerce’s 2019 Taste of Essex in West Orange, NJ, on Monday, April 8. At the event, about 50 of Essex County’s top food and drink purveyors shared their specialties for all to try at the Manor. Participants showcased their signature menu items, providing guests with a range of curated food and drink samples.
A judging panel rated each restaurant to determine the best sweet and savory dishes, as well as top honors in the beverage category. Read on to find out who the big winners were, and congratulations to all!
Winners: Taste of Essex
- First Place: Vanillamore, Montclair
- Second Place: Michmacs, Bloomfield
- Third Place: Sunrise Shoprite Bakery, Caldwell
- First Place: Bella Luce, Nutley
- Second Place: Delivering Experiences
- Third Place: The Manor, West Orange
- First Place: Cedar Bean’s Coffee Joint, Cedar Grove
- Second Place: Jersey Spirits, Fairfield
- Third Place: Corgi Spirits, Jersey City
All photos courtesy of Steve Hockstein.