This sponsored post is brought to you by USA Today Network Events.
NorthJersey.com’s Food Truck Mash-Up 2018, a competition among the best food trucks from Philly and Jersey that features entertainment and more, will be held at Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment in East Rutherford, NJ, on Saturday, June 2, from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. The winner will be determined by guests who attend the event and enjoy more than 60 different food options!
Voting for the favorite food trucks will take place online from 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. The winner of Best Food Truck will be announced at 8 p.m. and will join the lineup of past winners, including Callahan’s, Angry Archies, and Oink & Moo BBQ, which has been ranked among the best food trucks in the USA!
“We are introducing some new experiences this year where you can take photos of your favorite food with your favorite people at our Instagram Pop-Ups. A social scavenger hunt will keep everyone entertained as they earn points for prizes while eating and exploring the food trucks,” said T.H. Waldman, Senior Manager of Events Marketing for the USA TODAY NETWORK.
“Ticket options have also been adjusted so the wait for food is reduced,” Waldman noted, adding a VIP Foodie ticket provides exclusive access to specialty dishes only available from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.—this is a Foodie Favorite with $10 in Free Food! From 2 to 4 p.m., Early Access ticket holders enter the event before General Admission with a limited number of tickets sold and receive $5 in Free Food! “Come hungry! And Get Your Food First!”
The Food Truck Mash-Up series is showcasing first responders in our area and the Kevin Apuzzio Memorial Foundation has been selected as the charity partner for 2018. The Kevin Apuzzio Foundation’s mission is to honor the legacy and memory of Kevin Apuzzio, a college student and volunteer firefighter who gave his life in the line of duty. The program raises funds to support scholarships and outreach programs. All military personnel and first responders with a Valid ID can enter the event for free for up to four people. For more information, visit www.kevinapuzziofoundation.org/
- VIP Foodie Experience from noon until 2 p.m.
- Exclusive access to specialty dishes only available for these two hours from participating food trucks. A list of the dishes will be promoted on Instagram #foodtruckmashup.
- #FoodiesUnited with food and friends!
- Tickets are $40 ($30 for guests between 5 and 15) and include $10 in free food for each paid ticket holder, a $2 betting voucher, access to themed drink specials, activities, music, games and more throughout the day.
- Early Access from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Get Your Food First: A limited number of tickets will be sold so there’s less wait time.
- Tickets are $20 ($10 for guests between 5 and 15) and include $5 in free food, a $2 betting voucher, access to themed drink specials, activities, music, games, and more throughout the day.
VIP Foodie and Early Access tickets are available online only and will not be sold at the door. The food truck and betting vouchers will be provided at the entrance.
- General Admission beginning at 4 p.m.
- General Admission tickets for adults can be purchased online for $5 or at the gate for $8 per ticket. Admission is free for kids under 5.
- A Family & Friends buy-three-get-one-free general admission ticket package is available online only.
- General Admission guests can also register for a $2 betting voucher at northjerseyevents.com.
Attendees can also enjoy a wide variety of beers and spirits, live music, harness racing, vendors and fun activities for kids.
NorthJersey.com’s Food Truck Mash-Up will be held rain or shine. Parking and shuttle service are free.
Visit foodtruckmashup.northjersey.com/ for tickets and a full list of the specialty dishes, participating food trucks, and vendors. No pets, please.
Pictured at top center: French toast milkshake from Carnivale Donut Bar (center).
Photo courtesy of Marissa Laudati and Brittnay Cole of @tiny_and_hungry.
Top Left: The Flaming Hot Cheeto-crusted soft-shell crab sandwich is from Callahan’s. Photo courtesy of Boozy Burbs