Happy World Nutella Day—who knew? Really, when you think about it, a day all about the chocolatey-hazelnutty stuff makes sense. And we’re not the only ones who think so! Nutella has found a permanent home on menus far and wide, from crepe spots to pizza places and beyond. Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas serves Nutella pizza and they’ve been kind enough to share their recipe for this tasty dessert. Enjoy!
6 oz. fresh pizza dough
¼ cup Nutella spread
½ cup strawberries, sliced
4 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
1 tablespoon mint, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°F and place pizza stone in oven to heat up.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to about 10 inches.
- Place dough onto pizza stone in oven. Top with sheet pan to prevent bubbling.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until bottom is brown.
- Spread Nutella over hot crust.
- Sprinkle strawberries and pistachios evenly over the top.
- Finish with confectioner’s sugar and mint.
- Cut into wedges, and serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas.