This sponsored post is brought to you by Salt Creek Grille – Princeton.
It’s been a cold winter, so we’re especially excited to warm up with a delicious soup from Salt Creek Grille – Princeton. In honor of National Soup Month, we’re sharing the restaurant’s recipe for roasted acorn squash soup, a delectable favorite packed with seasonal flavors.
Roasted Acorn Squash Soup
- 2 whole acorn squash split, deseeded and roasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp shallots, chopped
- 4 cups turkey stock
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Drizzle squash, face up, with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a sheet pan and roast for approximately 45 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Chop onion, celery, garlic, and shallots and add to heavy bottom stock pot until caramelized.
- Add turkey stock and bring to a boil. Let it simmer.
- Scoop squash out of skin. Add scooped squash into the simmering pot, and discard the skin.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add curry, cinnamon, cayenne, nutmeg, brown sugar, and heavy cream.
- Carefully blend soup mixture until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Salt Creek Grille – Princeton
1 Rockingham Row