The United States, Spain, Italy, France, Australia, New Zealand, and many other countries produce quality sparkling wines within a broad range of styles, prices, and production methods. Whether you’re hosting, going out, or attending a party, this list will help you ring in the new year with a sparkling wine that won’t break the bank.
Affordable Sparkling Wines
Here are 10 reasonably priced sparkling wine options that are widely available for your New Year’s Eve celebrations.
- La Marca Di Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco (Trevisio, Italy) – Light and crisp with a pleasant dry finish that’s citrusy and fresh ($12).
- Barcino Belle Epoque Cava NV (Penedes, Spain) – Light-bodied, zesty and bright bubbly with citrus and pear flavors ($13).
- Gruet Blanc de Blancs NV (New Mexico) – Tiny, lively bubbles with baked-bread aromas and green apple/citrus flavors ($19).
- Mumm Napa Brut Reserve NV (Napa Valley, CA) – Toasted-bread and nutty aromas with a rich and creamy mouthfeel and ripe apple/pear flavors, as well as some vanilla notes ($20).
- Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut Rosé (Napa Valley, CA) – Nice yeasty aromas and juicy fruit flavors ($21).
- Pierre Sparr Crémant D’Alsace Brut Rosé (Alsace, France) – Festive pink with strawberry flavors and a hint of citrus flavors ($22).
- Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reserve (Reims, France) – Creamy mousse texture with lovely Asian pear flavors ($35).
- Laurent-Perrier Brut NV (Champagne, France) – Elegant wine with dry, velvety texture, baked bread aromas and citrusy flavors. Great as an aperitif ($37).
- Louis Roederer’s NV Brut Premier (Reims, France) – Toasted bread flavors on this elegant, well-balanced Champagne ($39).
- Champagne Gatinois Brut Rosé Grand Cru NV (Champagne, France) – Deep salmon colored in the glass, this Champagne offers strawberry and dried cherry flavors and is very food friendly ($39).
Suggested Wine Shops
Here are some of our favorite New Jersey wine shops.
Amanti Vino – Montclair
Bottle King – Multiple locations statewide
Gary’s Wine & Marketplace – Bernardsville, Madison, and Wayne
Joe Canal’s – Multiple locations in South Jersey
Princeton Corkscrew – Princeton
Sterling Fine Wines – Sterling
Tewksbury Fine Wine & Spirits – Oldwick
Wine Library – Springfield
Happy New Year!
Editor’s note: Prices may vary.