Deborah Smith, executive editor of Jersey Bites, chats with Chef Nicholas Harary about his picks for wines that will go great with your July 4 fare. He also answers some fantastic questions from our fans in this latest edition of Wine Talk Wednesday.
Here are just a few of the burning questions they discussed:
- I pretty much drink the same wine all the time—merlot—because I like it and it’s “safe.” Any suggestions for expanding my horizons within dry, red wines?
- Why the swirl? And is it equally important with reds and whites?
- How can I know, in advance, what to pair with something sweet versus something savory or citrusy?
- What’s your favorite country or region for wine?
Just give the video a click, sit back, and enjoy!
Wines we discussed:
- L’Oliveto – Russian River Chardonnay 2014
- Xavier – CDR 100% 2012
- Fiancetto – Stags Leap District Cabernet Sauvignon 2014
160 Route 35 South