Our 2016 Jersey Fresh Fridays Series wraps up with a recipe for kale and broccoli pizza with whole wheat lavender honey crust, courtesy of the Cat’s Meow. The veggies are straight from Fertile Crescent Farm and the honey is from Mill Creek Apiary in Medford Lakes. If that’s not Jersey Fresh, we don’t know what is.
Whole Wheat Lavender Honey Crust Pizza with New Hanover Kale, Tender Grey Summer Squash, Broccoli, Five Cheeses
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cups warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon organic lavender honey
New Hanover kale, squash, broccoli,
Asiago, mozzarella, Romano, Parmesan, and feta cheese
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons garlic
1 teaspoons vegan-based broth
Favorite herbs and spices, to taste
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Use a mixer with the dough hook to create dough.
- Once dough ball is formed, lightly flour a hard surface with whole wheat flour. Roll with rolling pin and place on cool pizza stone that has been lightly oiled with olive oil.
- Gather your kale, squash, and broccoli. Warm 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon vegan based broth. Gently sauté vegetables and 2 tablespoons garlic. (Don’t overcook!) Remove from heat after about 30 seconds and set aside.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil on crust and place your selected cheeses on top (we like asiago, mozzarella, Romano, parmesan and feta). Place veggies on top of the crust, adding more cheese! Season with your favorite herbs and spices.
- Put pizza stone in oven for 15 to 20 minutes depending on how brown you prefer your cheese. Use oven mitts to take out of oven when finished, pizza cutter to cut slices, and your hands for bringing pizza to your mouth! Enjoy!
Photos courtesy of the Cat’s Meow.