This sponsored recipe is brought to you by Peppadew®.
If you are a hot dog fan, I am setting you up here for one homerun barbecue. You don’t have to tell anyone you got the recipe here. Just whip up this delicious combination of Jersey Fresh zucchini and Mild Whole Sweet Peppadew® Peppers out of your fridge, top your favorite hot dog and serve. Your guests will call you king—or queen—of the weenies. In the best way possible.
This recipe includes just easy stove-top instructions, with no overnight preparations required. However, you can certainly make it ahead if you’re the planning type (I’m not!), which will make you that much cooler on the day of your epic barbecue.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 cups zucchini (approximately 3/4 lb. or 1 medium), shredded
1 cup sliced Mild Whole Sweet Peppadew® Peppers or Goldew™
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
½ cup water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cold water
- Heat the oil in nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add curry and turmeric and stir to combine. Once the spices are aromatic, add onions and lower heat to medium. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add zucchini, Mild Whole Sweet Peppadew® Peppers, salt, sugar and vinegar. Stir well to incorporate with the spices and onions. Sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add ½ cup water, stir and cover for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Whisk cornstarch with the cold water in a small bowl and add to zucchini mixture. Raise the temperature to medium. Stir until the excess moister disappears and the relish thickens. (It only takes a couple of minutes.) Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (Overnight also works.)
- Enjoy on your dogs of choice. My favorite is Applegate’s natural, uncured beef hot dogs—so freakin’ juicy—or on top of sausage, grilled pork, or chicken!
Where to find Peppadew®!
- Dean and Deluca
- Dearborn Farms
- Delicious Orchards
- Di Bruno Brothers
- Fairway Market
- Gourmet Garage
- Kings Food Markets
- Sickles Market
- Stew Leonard’s