Happy July 4 weekend! Time to kick back with a festive cocktail!
On July 4, Chevys Fresh Mex, in Linden and Clifton, as well as Applebee’s locations offer a free kids’ meal for each adult entree ordered (up to two, for kids 12 and under). And if you don’t make it in, give these cocktails a try at home!
Firecracker Margarita from Chevys (pictured above)
- 1 ¼ oz. tequila
- ½ oz. orange liqueur
- 3 oz. margarita mix
- 1 oz. strawberry puree
- 1 oz. blue curacao
- Pour tequila, orange liqueur and margarita mix into blender and fill with ice. Blend until slushy.
- Mix 1/3 of the frozen margarita mixture with the strawberry puree and add to a margarita glass.
- Fill glass with remaining frozen margarita mixture.
- Float blue curacao on top.
Frozen Fireworks from Applebee’s
- ¾ oz. well rum
- ¼ oz. peach schnapps
- 4 oz. pina colada mix
- ¼ oz. blue curacao (place on bottom)
- ¾ oz. strawberry mixer (float on top)
- maraschino cherry (optional)
- Pour rum, peach schnapps and Pina colada mixture in blender cup.
- Pour the blue curacao in the bottom of the frosted glass.
- Pour in the blended mix.
- Float the strawberry mixer over the mixture.
- Add tall straw and maraschino cherry if you wish!