Summertime is seafood time, so we were thrilled when Chef Mike Carrino of Pig & Prince Restaurant in Montclair shared his recipe for marinated fluke with coconut and Caribbean spices.
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup thinly sliced jicama
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresno chilies (peppers)
- ½ teaspoon ground Jamaican allspice
- ½ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- 8 oz fresh fluke, sliced thin, in long strips
- In a large plastic or glass bowl or container combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Marinate fluke for up to three hours in refrigerator.
- Remove from marinade and lay flat on a long rectangle plate or small platter, garnish with some residual marinade, chilies, onions and jicama.
Photo courtesy of Pig & Prince Restaurant.