After reviewing more than 5 million restaurant reviews, online reservation and review service OpenTable named six New Jersey restaurants to its 2014 Diners’ Choice list for the Top 100 Best Neighborhood Gem Restaurants in America.
Camden County dominated the Jersey contingency with Casa Bella Trattoria of Haddonfield, Crux Café of Audubon, and L’Oceano Ristorante and El Sitio Steak Grille & Café of Collingswood all being included. Farther north, Pascal and Sabine of Asbury Park and Grange of Westwood were were also named to the exclusive list.
The Garden State was tied with Pennsylvania for third most restaurants to receive nods, behind California (24) and New York (10). The list is calculated by OpenTable, which analyzed more than 19,000 restaurants from all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Perhaps it’s time to give one of them a try! Congrats to all who were named to this list!
- Casa Bella Trattoria: 51 Kings Highway East, Haddonfield, 856-429-2885.
- Crux Café: 34 West Merchant Street, Audubon, 856-546-2789.
- El Sitio Steak Grille & Café: 729 Haddon Avenue, Collingswood, 856-240-1217.
- Grange: 31 Westwood Avenue, Westwood, 201-497-3788.
- L’Oceano Ristorante: 833 Haddon Avenue, Collingswood, 856-833-9888.
- Pascal and Sabine: 601 Bangs Avenue, Asbury Park, 732-774-3395.
Editorial Intern: Lou Petrella is a senior at Rutgers University, with a double major in Journalism and Media Studies, and Sports Management. Having grown up in Whippany, Lou is passionate about his Morris County roots. Aside from being an avid sports lover, Lou cares deeply about food and should not be bothered while enjoying a good meal. Italian food and seafood are his favorites, but a nice summer barbecue just may trump them both. At school, Lou works as a correspondent for the Daily Targum, and is preparing for a career in writing or communications.