In honor of everyone’s favorite holiday, National Tequila Day! For those of us who can’t make it to a place like Órale Mexican Kitchen in Jersey City, the eatery has offered up its Sandia recipe for all to enjoy.
- 2 oz of your tequila of choice
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz agave syrup
- 3 chunks of watermelon flesh (approx. 2” cubes)
- Watermelon wedge
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the watermelon cubes. Add the remaining ingredients and fill shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into rock margarita glass.
- Garnish with small watermelon wedge.
Órale Mexican Kitchen
341 Grove Street