And the 7th day of the 12 Days of Cookies brought a cookie that combines many favorites! Give these Chocolate Covered Pretzel and Peanut Cookies from Gina Glazier a taste!
Chocolate Covered Pretzel and Peanut Cookies
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
2 cups chocolate covered pretzels, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl.
3. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff).
4. Stir in nuts and pretzels.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).
7. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove from cookie sheet and let completely cool on wire rack.
Yields about 44 cookies.
Gina Glazier is a full-time teacher, wife and blogger. A lover of all things food related, she started her culinary journey a while back when she applied to ride in the Star Ledger’s Munchmobile. After conquering that goal, she continued along her culinary path which led her to become a part of the Pizza Patrol. Run by Peter Genovese of the NJ Star Ledger’s Munchmobile, she and the other pizza fanatics traveled the state for endless months searching for Jersey’s best pies. Besides those two foodie feats, she has manned the judging panel at quite a few of Monmouth Park’s Food Festivals. These include The Shore Chef Crab Cake Cook Off, BBQ & Beer Fest and Food Truck Wars. She was introduced to Deborah Smith of Jersey Bites while judging at one of these events and before she knew it, she was a JB contributor. And finally, if she’s not on the Munchmobile, at a contest, or writing for this site, you can read about her cooking, dining and buying adventures on her weekly blog, www.ahungryteacher.blogspot.com.