Plain old pizza for Halloween? That will never do! Your pizza needs to be as spooky as the day! Kids, and adults, will all love Bloodshot Eyeball Pizza! Perfect for a Halloween party, after school snack before venturing out into the neighborhood to trick or treat, and oh so nice to come home to after going door to door for all that candy! It’s the perfect addition to your Halloween celebration!
Recipes and photos by Gwynn Galvin, Culinary Consultant & Creator of Swirls of Flavor
Bloodshot Eyeball Pizza
1 pkg. (14 oz.) prepared pizza crust, such as Boboli
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella
8 bocconcini, halved
4 pimento stuffed green olives, cut crosswise into 16 thin slices
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Coat pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Reserve 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce.
3. Place crust on prepared pan. Top with remaining sauce, mozzarella and bocconcini halves, flat sides down.
4. Bake 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Place olive slices in middle of each bocconcini to form “eyeballs”.
6. Bake additional 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is heated through.
7. Place reserved pizza sauce in small plastic ziplock bag. Snip of one corner. Pipe sauce on bocconcini eyeballs for “bloodshot” effect.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Gwynn Galvin, Chef and Blogger, is delighted to share her original recipes on Jersey Bites. Born and raised in Jersey and a lifetime resident of Bergen County, Gwynn is Jersey through and through! Having been in the culinary field for over twenty years, you can say that Gwynn is definitely well seasoned! With over a decade as Test Kitchen Director for a nationally published magazine as well as working for major food corporations and being partner and chef of a family-owned cupcake shop, Gwynn is also the creator of her blog, Swirls of Flavor. Her award-winning recipes have been featured in national ad campaigns, cookbooks, magazines, social media and on the internet. If you’ve ever made a recipe that was on the package of a food product or in a magazine or cookbook, chances are you’ve already made one of her fabulously delicious recipes!