Have you been dreaming about bringing your Nanna’s famous pasta sauce to market or those Jams you’ve been cooking up in your kitchen that get your neighbors lining up at the back door have got you itching to do something more? Even if you’re well on your way to putting out your first product or have a product, this is an event you do not want to miss.
On April 24 and 25 at the Rutger’s Food Innovation Center in Bridgeton, NJ, Jersey Bites’ Executive Editor, Deborah Smith, and an impressive collection of successful communicators and business leaders will be on hand to present a two-day seminar on the basics of marketing and communications for food business owners.
The seminar will feature topics like pitching products to retailers, media relations, digital marketing, trade show and events, packaging and labeling, visual merchandising, food service marketing, social media, website development, and content marketing. Follow this link for a complete list of sesson topics.
Among the New Jersey communicators and business leaders are:
- Peter Genovese, Feature Writer, Star-Ledger
- Bob Sickles, Owner, Sickles Market
- Cheryl Williams, Vice President, Digital Commerce and Innovation, Wakefern
- Jonathan Carl Raduns, Consultant, Visual Food Merchandising
- Brent Sonnek-Schmelz, Director, Water Street Partners
- Robert Hiller, Managing Director, Imagineer Marketing/Monarch Communications
- Ira Berkowitz, Owner, Monarch Communcations, Advertising, Marketing, Graphic Design
- James Caverly, Owner, Booskerdoo Coffee Company
- Reuben Canada, Owner and Creator, Jin-Ja
- Ed Hitzel, Food Writer, Radio and TV host, Ed Hitzel Enterprises
- Leslie Gurland, President, LogoTech
- Adam Taylor, Owner, Splendor Design Group
- Nick Taranto, Cofounder, Plated.com
- Deborah Smith, Founder, JerseyBites.com
- Michael Dresner, CEO, Brand² Squared Licensing
- Christine Xenakis, Senior Account Supervisor, Edelman
To learn more about the seminar, contact Diane Holtaway, associate director of Client Services at the Rutgers Food Innovation Center, by email at [email protected] or by phone at 856-459-1900, ext. 4514.
About the Rutgers Food Innovation Center
The Rutgers Food Innovation Center is a unique business incubation and economic development accelerator program, which is part of the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES) at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. The Center provides business and technology expertise to startup and established food companies in the mid-Atlantic region, and utilizes its outreach capacity to reach food and agribusinesses throughout the world.