I find drinking sparkling wines and champagnes a very celebratory way to toast a special evening. Rosé wines take it a step further by looking fabulous in a flute. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and many of us will find ourselves making a stop at our local wine and liquor store for that special bottle to help set the mood for the most romantic day of the year.
Here are 10 rosé sparkling wines to uncork on Valentine’s Day:
- Montes Cherub Rosé 2008 ($12 – Chile) – Made from 100% Syrah grapes with an appropriately-cute chubby cherub on the label.
- Jacob’s Creek Rose Sparkling Moscato ($12 – South Eastern Australia) – Light, refreshing and delicious value sparkling wine sure to please rosé aficionado.
- 2009 Jagdschloss Spatburgunder Brut Rosé ($16 – Germany) – Beautiful light pink in the glass with tons of tiny bubbles. Aromas and flavors of ripe strawberries with a little Fiji apple.
- Gruet Brut Rosé NV ($17 – Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA) – Deep pink in the glass, this wine is bright with berry and cherry flavors and a long, intense finish.
- Mumm Napa Brut Rosé ($22 – Napa, California, USA) – Vibrantly pink in the glass, this bubbly shows strawberry and plum flavors.
- Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut Rosé ($25 – North Coast, California, USA) – Bright berry flavors with a toasty finish. Very pretty peachy-pink in the glass.
- Lucien Albrecht Crémant d’Alsace Brut Rosé NV ($25 – Alsace, France) – Features rich strawberries-and-cream flavors.
- NV Roederer Estate Brut Rosé Anderson Valley Sparkling ($28 – Anderson Valley, California, USA): Full of tiny bubbles, just a fab sparkling wine with refined flavors and an elegant finish.
- GH Mumm Brut Rose ($55 – Reims, France) – Vivid salmon color in the glass, this rich and intense champagne offers flavors of cherry and dark berries.
- Piper-Heidsieck NV Brut Rosé Sauvage ($55 – Reims, France) – Ripe wild strawberry flavors with a bit of clove on the finish. A delicious wine and a mouthful of tiny bubbles.
Bonus recommendation for a rosé champagne if you feel like splurging a bit:
Perrier Jouët Blason Rosé ($89) – Golden salmon in color, this very pretty rosé packs a ton of ripe strawberry aromas and flavors with some notes of tropical flowers.
Here are some of our favorite New Jersey wine shops selling some of these rosé sparkling wines:
- Gary’s Wine – Bernardsville, Madison and Wayne
- ShopRite Liquors – Rockaway, Lincoln Park
- Bottle King – Hillsborough
- Buy Rite Liquor – Milltown, Pompton Plains
Veronique Deblois, Food & Wine Chickie: Veronique is a food and wine writer based in Morris County, NJ. As the author of the popular blog, Food & Wine Chickie Insider, Veronique shares recipes, wine and restaurant reviews and insight into the travel industry of which she’s a 15-year veteran. Follow Veronique on Twitter or like her Facebook page.