Fourth of July is an American tradition of family, friends, food and libations. When it comes to which wine to select for your backyard barbeque, there are many opinions.
Here are five All-American Wines that pair beautifully with grilled chicken, burgers and the most prime of steaks.
- Roederer Estate Anderson Valley Brut ($20) – Anderson Valley, CA. Help kick off the celebration with bubbles!
- 2009 Circle Riesling ($13) – Finger Lakes, NY. Perfect with fish or spicy starters like salsa and Buffalo-style chicken wings.
- 2004 Gundlach Bundschu Pinot Noir ($30) – Sonoma Valley, CA. Pinot Noir is super with grilled chicken or pork.
- 2006 Stag’s Leap Artemis Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($40) – Napa Valley, CA. Yes, it’s a bit of a luxury, but sensational with that thick porterhouse steak.
- 2006 Hendry Zinfandel Block 7 & 22 ($30) – Napa Valley, CA. Zinfandel and ribs or any charred beef or lamb is as great as it gets.
Whether you use Mason jars, red plastic cups or fancy Riedel glasses to serve your drinks in, make sure what’s in them is tasty. Enjoy this great American holiday.
Here are some of our favorite New Jersey wine shops:
- Gary’s Wine – Bernardsville, Madison and Wayne
- Cool Vines – Westfield
- Princeton Corkscrew – Princeton
- Joe Canal’s – Multiple locations in South Jersey
- Tewksbury Fine Wine & Spirits – Oldwick
- Wine Works – Marlton
- Passion Vines – Somers Point
- Hops and Grapes – Glassboro
Veronique Deblois, Food & Wine Chickie: Veronique is a food and wine writer based in Morris County, NJ. As the author of the popular blog, Food & Wine Chickie Insider, Veronique shares recipes, wine and restaurant reviews and insight into the travel industry of which she’s a 15-year veteran. Follow Veronique on Twitter or like her Facebook page.