We’ve all struggled to get and keep our focus from time to time. Whether it’s too many tasks going on at one time, too much to do overall, or simply just a lack of sleep, staying focused can be a real problem. We all need focus to keep ourselves going throughout the day and to keep ourselves on track in terms of the tasks that we have to accomplish.
7 Food Picks For Better Focus
- Fish: Salmon in particular can be excellent if you are trying to get and maintain your focus as it is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids. This is believed to be the source for helping brainpower over the long term and can help you to stay focused and concentrate better in the short term. It is recommended to eat fish on a regular basis to help with brainpower in general, and that goes double for focusing.
- Nuts: Nuts can be a powerful little snack, particularly when it comes to your brainpower. Eating a handful of nuts such as almonds or walnuts provides some very powerful antioxidants that not only help you to look and feel better, but can be an excellent source for stimulating the brain. The protein found within nuts can help an individual to stay focused and even learn better.
- Caffeine: Though you certainly don’t want to overdose on massive amounts of caffeine, incorporating some into your diet each and every day can be excellent for helping you to stay focused. Drinking a cup of coffee or eating a piece of dark chocolate is believed to help stimulate the brain and therefore makes you feel more alert, resulting in a better chance of focusing.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This is one herb that is well known for its’ ability to help people stay focused, and therefore reigns as a top choice. Though it is not a food directly, it can be taken daily as a supplement and can provide excellent clarity and a stronger ability to help an individual get and stay focused.
- Blueberries: These are truly the super foods of the fruit family! Many know blueberries contain antioxidants which help to fight certain types of cancer, but they can also help with memory and even allow you to stay focused longer. It is recommended to include blueberries in the diet at least a couple days a week for the best effect.
- Natural Sugar: We’re not talking about refined sugar or junk food, but the sugar that appears naturally in a piece of fruit such as an orange or even in a fresh juice. This form of natural sugar helps you to become alert and allows you to focus on the task at hand.
- Avocados: These are already a powerhouse in terms of the “good fat” that they provide in lowering cholesterol levels, but they are also quite helpful with brainpower. As avocados contain high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids, they are an excellent source of stimulating the brain and helping you to stay focused.
Food can serve many purposes beyond just feeding your hunger. Maximize your diet by optimizing your food choices for not only better weight control and taste, but better focus and performance all around.
Mary Ward writes about various healthcare career topics, including how to obtain an online masters in healthcare.