I need to give a little background on this post for those JerseyBiters who are not avid blogaholics. In the blogging world, we sometimes play these “tag” games. I was recently tagged by Michele from Morris Plains who has a great blog called My Italian Grandmother. The rules of this game are simple; supply 7 random facts about yourself and then tag 6 other bloggers you admire. So, here are my 7 random and fascinating facts.
1. I’m dating my high school sweetheart close to 30 years later. He remembers me when I weighed 124 pounds and rode a moped. He had one too, but mine was faster.
2. I’m a theater geek. My last role was Maria in The Sound of Music 14 years ago. My kids are now finally old enough for me to ease back into things, so if you hear of any good parts coming up, let me know. And, if you’d like me to break into a rousing rendition of “My Favorite Things” this holiday season, just ask.
3. I’ve been weight lifting since my 20’s and I work out almost every day. I’ve been boxing for about 5 years now. I’m pretty tough when I want to be, but I never leave the house without mascara.
4. My mother’s maiden name is Lonnie Anderson, her sister, Pamela Anderson. No lie. I come from good stock, well, at least good looking stock. Oh, and I look nothing like either one of them. (Neither do my Mom or my Aunt, for that matter.)
5. I lost my best friend, Ann, to cancer when we were both 32. She left behind a 6 month old baby and a 4 year old little girl. I miss her every day. We were friends since the second grade and polar opposites, but the closest thing I had to a sister.
6. I am drawn like a moth to a flame to funny people and great smiles. Laughing is a big part of my life and if you can’t take a joke or pony one up, we won’t be hanging out.
7. I am a freak about decorating my Christmas tree. My kids know, my boyfriend knows. “No one touches it, isn’t that right my precious?” When I was in college each floor of my dorm decorated their own Christmas tree. I, of course, went nuts and we had the best tree. (just ask me) Some guys from one of the other floors stole it in the middle of the night. (I’m sure they’re going to Hell by the way.) Maybe that’s why I won’t let anyone get near my Christmas tree.
Ok, so now you know more about me than you ever really cared to.
So here are the rules of the game:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules.
3. Write 6 (or 7) random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people and link to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they were tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry has been published.
And here are those lucky recipients of my virtual tag. And, of course, they’re all from Jersey.
John and Lisa are Eating in South Jersey is the place to go for the latest food events and restaurant reviews. I hope they can get their post in before the baby comes.
Lisa from Jersey Girl Cooks. Lisa has fabulous recipes that she likes to keep on the healthy side (always appreciated) and fun giveaways.
Stacey from Summit who blogs at Stacey Snacks. Stacey is one busy cook. Her recipes all sound and look delectable.
Patsy from Parsippany blogs at Family, Friends and Food. You’ll find great recipes and her picks for other blogs to check out. She’s also got two young boys just like me, so I appreciate her “distractions” in the kitchen.
Robin Damstra from Stockton who blogs at Caviar and Codfish. You have to check out her gorgeous photography. I am very envious.
Padma from Padma’s Kitchen. Get authentic Indian dishes and insight into the Indian Culture. Who knew “American Butter Corn” was the “in” snack at theaters in India.